Are you planning to take the GRE® revised General Test? Then you should start preparing today! You can find a number of free and low-cost GRE preparation materials online. Remember: preparing for the test by using official GRE prep materials from ETS is a great way to familiarize with GRE questions, as well as with the general organization of the GRE® revised General Test. Begin with your GRE prep as soon as possible – it will give you some useful tips and help you do your best on the test day!
- Start your preparation by understanding the concepts and format of the GRE® revised General Test! This is very important for feeling secure on the test day.
- Take as many GRE practice tests as you can, and go over your language, writing and math skills. Prepare for the test by writing sample essays. It’s essential to practice with authentic GRE questions. Therefore we recommend you to use official GRE prep materials:
• The Official Guide to the GRE® revised General Test, Second Edition – this highly popular GRE guide includes four complete GRE tests (two in the book and two on CD), authentic questions with explanations for many answers, a copy of the POWERPREP® II software, version 2.1 on CD, sample essay responses, test-taking strategies and even more! Cost: $35.
• ScoreItNow!™ Online Writing Practice - this GRE practice service will prepare you for the Analytical Writing section, as well as provide you with useful explanations and general suggestions for improving your essay-writing skills. On completion you will get an immediate GRE score! Cost: $13.
- There are also some great online GRE practice materials that you can download for free! For example, check out these:
• POWERPREP® II Software, version 2.1. – this software will provide you with two practice tests, sample questions, helpful test taking tips and strategies and will give you a real experience of taking a timed computer-based GRE revised General Test.
• Practice Book for the Paper-based GRE® revised General Test, Second Edition (PDF) – download this book to prepare for the paper-based GRE® revised General Test. This GRE practice book includes a full-length test, sample questions and Analytical Writing topics, test taking strategies, scoring information and much more!
For more official GRE practice materials, click here.